MMHA’s primary mission is to create, develop and manage properties and programs that provide affordable housing for eligible Medina County residents
The Medina Metropolitan Housing Authority (MMHA) was established in 1953 as an independent political subdivision of the State of Ohio
Our Commissioners and Staff
MMHA is governed by a five member, publicly appointed, unpaid Board of Commissioners. Board members are appointed by the Mayor of Brunswick (2), the Medina County Common Pleas Court, the Medina County Probate Court, and the Medina County Commissioners. Our members serve five-year terms.
Appointed by Common Pleas Court
Julie Batey has served on the Medina Metropolitan Housing Authority Board of Commissioners since 2005. Mrs. Batey earned an Associate Degree in Community Services and a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Media Communications from the University of Akron. She spent several years in human resources and is currently serving her second term as a proud member of the Wadsworth City Schools Board of Education and is also a member of numerous school district committees.
Mrs. Batey is President of the Wadsworth Lions Club, Chair of the Wadsworth High School Alumni Association, and President of the Wadsworth High School PTO. She is also an active member of the Wadsworth Grizzlies Community Foundation and assists in coordinating Feeding Medina County’s Summer Weekender Bag program in Wadsworth.
Julie is a life-long resident of Wadsworth. She and her husband, Bruce, have two children, Sofie and Tony, who attend Wadsworth High School. She wholeheartedly supports her son’s punk jazz fusion band and her daughter’s blossoming sewing career and loves watching both of them perform in the Wadsworth High School Marching Band. Her family enjoys spoiling their two dogs, Trixie, a Jack Russell mix, and Rudy, a purebred miniature dachshund.
J. Jeffrey Holland, Esq
Appointed by Probate Court
J. Jeffrey Holland has been a commissioner for the Medina Metropolitan Housing Authority since 2010. Mr. Holland is a strong believer in community service. He is a graduate of Leadership Medina County and Leadership Ohio, and has served on the board for a number of nonprofit organizations, including his current service with the United Way of Medina County and the Western Reserve Land Conservancy.
Jeff was raised in Medina County. He received his B.A. from Denison University. After law school at the University of New Hampshire School of Law he returned to Ohio in 1988. He is currently a partner at Holland & Muirden, Attorneys at Law, with his wife of 30 years, Marjorie Muirden.
Appointed by the City of Brunswick
Carol Lawler is a longtime resident of Brunswick Ohio and has been a member of the MMHA board since 2003. She is currently serving as the Director at Medina County Board of Elections where she has been employed since 2005.
She attended Cleveland State University and has many years of experience in the financial industry both in banking and mortgage lending. She also worked in her family-owned deli-restaurant in Brunswick.
Carol has three sons and is a member of Saint Martin of Tours parish in Valley City.
Appointed to MMHA Board in July 2019 by the City of Brunswick
- Brunswick Council Ward 2, Council President Pro Tem
- Business Owner – Owner/Attorney – Hanek Law Office
- Assistant Prosecuting Attorney – Criminal and Child Protection Divisions – Lorain County
- Assistant Prosecuting Attorney – Civil Division – Medina County
- Staff Attorney – Medina County Job and Family Services
- Law Clerk for the Honorable James L. Kimbler
- J.D., University of Akron
- B.A., Case Western Reserve University
- Brunswick High School Graduate
- Resident of Brunswick for over 25 years
- Chair-Elect, Board of Trustees – United Way of Medina County
- Board of Zoning Appeals – City of Brunswick
- Brunswick Town Center & Lake Park Advisory Group
- Former Brunswick Rec Center Youth Basketball League Coach
- University of Akron Lawyer/Law Student Mentorship Program
- Ohio Supreme Court Lawyer to Lawyer Mentorship Program
- Medina County Bar Association, Ohio State Bar Association Member
MMHA Key Staff
Chief Program Officer
Chief Operating Officer